Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Religious Tolerance


In my way ward wanderings in the last year...or many years.... I have been trying to deal with being tolerant of my friends and their religious beliefs. Well to tell the truth I guess it's really hoping they would learn to be tolerant of my beliefs. To me, what or how my friends belive is their choice and what is good for them.

It's only been the last year or so that my beliefs have become more , for the lack of a better word...out of the closet. I have always done what I always have, but some are seeing me in a different way. Why? Why have they not noticed before? I don't know. Is it that more 'witchy', Pagan, Wicca things are being seen in the world, news, movies? I don't know.
Some have really judged me hard, while others I think are in the opinion of, 'don't ask - don't tell'.

I believe in the end we all all traveling in the same direction just by different methods.

If we would all agree to work together in peace and harmony what a world it would be!

2 comments:

  1. Hummmmmm, it is amazing how people tend to prejudge before they really know what it is they are judging or what they are basing their judgement on. I am a firm believer that you should never condemn something or someone until you know what it is your condemning. Another words do your homework first. A God, Goddess, Spirits does it really matter???? My Grandmother was full blooded Indian on a reservation so I understand how you feel.

    Do these people really understand your beliefs?

    I hope they will come around and accept you for who you are but as we all know sometimes that just doesn't happen. I wish there was something I could do to make this journey easier for you.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete